About 2.7% of Americans admit to being dependent on illicit drugs, according to the most recent reports from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA). But sadly, only two of every ten people addicted to illicit drugs enter treatment for their problem or even look for heroin rehab centers. A shocking 80% continue using and many of those never get a second chance for sobriety, particularly those using the most dangerous drugs, such as methamphetamine and heroin.
Importance of Availability of Heroin Rehab Centers
Heroin use has been on the rise in the United States for well over a decade. But the recent boom in heroin addiction in New England has many people terrified for their loved ones using the substance. Access to heroin in states like Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and New York is easier than ever before.
When individuals using heroin are ready to enter treatment, there needs to be an abundant number of quality heroin rehab centers able to offer a real chance of long-term recovery. Unfortunately for patients in the Northeastern United States, many heroin rehab centers have long waiting lists, require travel outside of the region or are otherwise inaccessible for many patients. But as the SAMHSA statistics indicate, when illicit drug users are ready for treatment, they must be able to access quality care in heroin rehab centers specifically designed to meet their individual needs.
Finding the Right Heroin Rehab Centers for Your Addiction
Screening heroin rehab centers can take some time. It may be difficult to decide which facility or program is a good fit for your individual needs. With a little help, screening these programs is easier and can provide quicker decision making for entry into a quality program.
The following can help you determine which heroin rehab will meet your individual needs:
- Detox services are available on-site, or through a trusted third-party provider
- Your expected results from the program are parallel to the program’s own expectations
- Program length suits the needs of a heroin patient
- Both medical and psychiatric care are available on-site for the difficult transition from heroin use to recovery
- Educational programs of the rehab include life skills, nutrition and other wellness programs
- Staff ratio provides for attentive treatment relationships
- A program’s promises are reasonable and logical, based upon past results
- Multi-phase programs provide individualized treatment planning and logical progression through rehab into the home community
- Family is integrated into treatment through counseling, education and other programs
Steps to Recovery in Levittown, PA Provides Recovery from Heroin Addiction
Steps to Recovery in Levittown, PA is a quality heroin rehab providing a full spectrum of care for patients from detox to aftercare. We offer a compassionate environment of integrity by providing proven treatment in collaboration with patients and their families. Our objective: your healthy, long-term recovery. Call Steps to Recovery now at 267.719.8528 for more information about successfully overcoming your addiction to heroin.