Its crime rate is lower than the New Jersey average, but with higher than average unemployment and lower than average wages, living in Collingswood NJ isn’t necessarily problem free. There are many ways in which you may choose to cope with the difficulties you face, but for some people alcohol and drugs are a tempting option, even though they only offer a short-term fix and bring destruction when used in the longer-term. Although Collingswood is a dry town, this may encourage you to drink at home, which can make it harder to control your intake, as you are more inclined to pour yourself larger measures of alcohol and carry on drinking for longer. The more you drink, the more likely you are to develop a dependency on alcohol, so you may soon find that you can’t cope without a drink. Similarly, owing to the addictive nature of many drugs, it is easy to become hooked on marijuana, opiates, crystal meth and other stimulants. Even if you start abusing prescription medications, painkillers, tranquilizers and sedatives are no safer and no less addictive than street drugs.
Whatever substance you become addicted to, help is at hand to overcome your alcohol abuse and drug abuse. If you are looking for addiction help near Collingswood NJ, Steps to Recovery provides a range of treatment options that are tailored to your needs to offer you the best chance of getting sober and preventing relapse.
Signs You Need Help with Drug Abuse and Alcohol Abuse
Once in the grip of an addiction, it is difficult to recognize that you need to seek help for substance abuse, even if the signs are glaringly obvious to those around you. If any of the following sound familiar though, it is time to consider getting addiction help:
- You are drinking or taking drugs more often and in increasing amounts. This occurs because you develop a tolerance to alcohol and drugs.
- You suffer signs of withdrawal if you don’t get your fix. With heroin you may feel anxious, start to sweat and develop muscle aches, while with cocaine you may feel tired, low and agitated. Drug withdrawal symptoms vary from one substance to another, so with cannabis, meth, speed and tranquilizers you would experience different symptoms again. These unpleasant symptoms arise due to drug and alcohol dependency.
- Your habit gets out of control, so even if you want to drink less or stop taking drugs you are unable to achieve this. The lure of these substances is just too great, which occurs once they start causing changes within your brain.
- Your life now revolves around your drink or drug habit. Even when you aren’t under its influence, you think about getting drunk or high, spend time getting hold of your chosen substance and then need time to recover from its effects.
- You keep on drinking and drug taking even after it adversely affects your health, studies, employment, finances and relationships. With an addiction your chosen substance takes number one priority, so you favor this even when it destroys everything else important to you.
For Collingswood NJ addiction recovery programs, Steps to Recovery can discuss the treatment options available locally that are best suited to your requirements.
Choosing Addiction Recovery Collingswood NJ
When it comes to selecting a facility for addiction treatment, you will need to consider various factors. Firstly, you will need to choose between inpatient and outpatient treatment for alcohol and drug abuse. While taking part in an outpatient program offers more flexibility and allows you to stay at home, this is not always suitable. For instance, if you have previously been unsuccessful in addiction rehab, you require more intensive input for another reason or your home environment is not suitable to promote recovery, a residential stay is preferable. Even if you stay as an inpatient, the close proximity of drug and alcohol recovery programs Collingswood NJ means that your family are not far away to visit or take part in treatment.
You also need to make sure that the addiction recovery centers offer treatment that gives you a fighting chance of beating your habit for good. As already mentioned, Steps to Recovery offers tailor made care, but this isn’t the only unique feature of our programs. We also deliver evidence-based therapies that are known to help addicts successfully quit, and as we offer holistic treatment, this includes those therapies that are not routinely offered by other rehab facilities. The holistic nature of our program extends beyond the therapies we offer as well, so you can benefit from skills development and other activities to enhance your chance of addiction recovery. We additionally focus on giving you as much support as you need to kick your habit and out team of committed staff always has time to listen and respond sensitively to your difficulties and concerns.
Addiction Recovery Program Collingswood NJ
When you opt for Steps to Recovery to provide your addiction treatment, you can take advantage of the following at our drug and alcohol rehab centers near Collingswood NJ:
- Individual, group and family counseling sessions. Participating in all three forms of talking therapy maximizes your chance of successful rehabilitation.
- Complementary therapies. These can help you manage withdrawal symptoms, cope with cravings and improve your mental wellness.
- Vocational rehab. As part of our skills development program, you can receive assistance to build on your work-based transferrable skills and receive help with job search activities like resume writing, completing job applications and interviewing well.
- Structured leisure time. Beyond offering you the chance to unwind, these weekly activities help you to bond with fellow clients, develop further skills in communication and group working, and show you how much fun you can have when you are sober.
- Exercise sessions. Attending the gym during the week benefits your physical and mental wellness, helping to restore both to their pre-addiction state. Regular exercise is also a good habit to develop, as it can help you to resist the draw of alcohol and drugs once you complete rehab Collingswood NJ.