Trying to find IOP Programs in Berks County PA for addiction treatment can be overwhelming, whether you’re looking locally in Berks County or in a nearby town like Levittown. There are many IOPs to choose from, so what are the important things to know about picking one? Here are 10 things to consider:
- Location. Do you want to travel? If so, how far do you want to travel?
- Their treatment philosophy. Not all IOP Programs in Berks County PA or anywhere else have exactly the same philosophy for treatment.
- Does the program’s flexibility fit your schedule?
- What is the daily routine for the program?
- Does the program have both group and individual therapy?
- Does the program support dual diagnosis treatment? If you have co-occurring issues, this is very important to know.
- Does the program have a true family treatment or just education?
- If you need medical detox, find out if this is accomplished on-site or elsewhere.
- Make sure the program is accredited by the appropriate body.
- Find out about the program’s approach to aftercare and preventing relapse.
How IOP Programs in Berks County PA or Nearby Can Benefit You
It’s often very beneficial for patients seeking addiction treatment to get out of their immediate area. This is because certain situations and social circles may actually be contributing to bad habits and triggers. If you’re local to Berks County, then IOP Programs in Berks County PA might not be your best choice. You don’t have to go out of state or even a long drive to find the IOP program that’s right for you.
Steps to Recovery in Levittown, PA is only an 80-minute drive away via I-76 and I-276 East. Steps to Recovery offers dual diagnosis treatment and our IOP program features sober living arrangements, individual and group therapy, a holistic approach, employment support and more.
IOP programs give you the opportunity to have a flexible schedule and continue with employment or other commitments, while still giving you the intensive treatment you may need. Treatment in Steps to Recovery is both affordable and accessible and we accept many major medical insurance providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, AmeriHealth and more.
What to Expect from IOP Programs Outside of Berks County PA
If you decide against IOP Programs in Berks County PA, then you can explore a wider range of treatment facilities as well as gaining the benefits of traveling away from your local area. Even though residential treatment is the most often thought of when it comes to addiction treatment, it’s not always the right choice for everyone.
Many patients have continued to keep their employment and social commitments throughout their struggle with addiction and they need to do the same during treatment. When this is the case, IOP programs tend to be the better choice so that you have the freedom you need to continue with your life.
At Steps to Recovery, we’re ready to help you with honesty and integrity, no matter what your history with addiction may be. We offer highly personalized programs that can be tailored to men, women and the LGBT community.
You don’t have to feel limited to IOP Programs in Berks County PA to find the help you need. Steps to Recovery offers the most comprehensive IOP programs with dual diagnosis serving Berks County, PA as well as most of the North East. If you or someone you know is looking for help due to fighting drug or alcohol addiction, just give us a call at 267.719.8528.