With crime rates higher in Bala Cynwyd than those for the state and nationwide, you may worry about becoming a victim of crime. If you are unfortunate to experience this, it can take its toll on your mental well-being, leading to anxiety and low mood. You may find yourself reluctant to go out and may look to easy ways to lift your spirits at home. Alcohol can seem like a good option and you may even find yourself abusing prescription medications or using marijuana to help you relax. However, while these addictive substances may temporarily give you a lift, they can actually worsen your mental health, as well as bringing with them a host of other health problems. You may also notice the impact of your substance dependency on your work, family life and finances. When you realize that you need to take control of your drinking and drug taking, Steps to Recovery can help. With drug and alcohol treatment facilities close to Bala Cynwyd PA we can help you overcome your problems with substance abuse and get back on track with your life.
Substance Dependency and Mental Wellness
Although the physical dangers of alcohol abuse and drug abuse are often talked about, less attention is given to the impact these destructive habits can have on your mental well-being. For instance, while a glass of wine each night may brighten your mood and relieve stress, drinking more than this can easily place you at risk of clinical depression and anxiety. Equally, using cannabis can make you more susceptible to serious mental health problems such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Even though antidepressants are designed to boost your mood, abusing them can actually make you more prone to suicidal thoughts, while benzodiazepines that are used to treat anxiety may worsen anxiousness when used heavily over long periods of time. Meanwhile, if you become hooked on sleeping pills you may find that you suffer from memory loss and changes in your behavior. To avoid these problems seeking help with an addiction to alcohol or drugs is vital. At Steps to Recovery we can offer you the professional support you need at one of our alcohol and drug rehab centers near Bala Cynwyd PA.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Options Bala Cynwyd PA
When exploring treatment for drug abuse and alcohol abuse you need to consider the type of program you would like to enroll on. The following options are provided by Steps to Recovery locally:
- Alcohol and drug withdrawal programs Bala Cynwyd PA. These are ideal when you need a medically supervised drug or alcohol detox. You are able to withdraw from your chosen substance in a safe environment and you receive regular monitoring to protect your health. Due to the severe side-effects you can experience when detoxing, you will also have access to treatments that provide symptoms relief.
- Drug and alcohol inpatient treatment. If you have previously failed to stay sober or you need more intensive therapy for another reason, staying on a residential program is recommended. This makes sure that you have support whenever you need it and as you are living in supported accommodation you are removed from the problems you may face at home.
- Partial hospitalization for drug and alcohol abuse. This is an alternative way to receive daily addiction therapy, but allows you to continue living at home while you receive treatment. As our alcohol and drug programs Bala Cynwyd PA are in easy reach, this makes a daily commute possible.
- Alcohol and drug outpatient therapy. You can take part in regular therapy during the week, which you can fit around your other responsibilities, when you enroll on an outpatient addiction program.
To discover more about the benefits of each style of treatment for substance dependency, our friendly team is always ready to provide you further details of the alcohol abuse and drug abuse services we offer.
Rehab Programs Designed for Success
Although you will find many alcohol and drug addiction centers offering rehabilitation services across Pennsylvania, these vary in the quality of the care they provide. There is no guarantee that any addiction treatment program will help you achieve lasting abstinence, but there are characteristics that enhance your chances of success. When you choose Steps to Recovery you are more likely to escape the grip of substance dependency for the following reasons:
- We offer an individualized treatment program to every client. This means your therapy is tailored to your circumstances, allowing you to address personal problems that triggered your drinking and drug taking, as well as those that may stand in your way to quitting your habit.
- All our treatments are based on scientific evidence. Any therapy you receive is proven to help addicts on their recovery journey, helping to place you on the right track.
- We provide a broad program of therapies. This meets your emotional needs as much as your physical needs, so you are in a good position to kick your habit.
- Your family is involved in your treatment. This makes sure you have a strong support network ready for when you complete your alcohol and drug rehab Bala Cynwyd PA.
- You can benefit from skills based activities. These additional activities aim to prepare you for life after addiction treatment, reducing your risk of relapse.
Commitment from Our Team
At Steps to Recovery we want every client to succeed in meeting their goal of lasting sobriety, so we are there to support you throughout your alcohol and drug rehabilitation. With our own experience of entering rehab we appreciate how important empathy and encouragement are, and there is no shortage of this when you sign up to one of our addiction treatment programs. We believe that the high success rates of our clients are as much to do with the support we offer as the therapies we make available to you and look forward to welcoming you on to one of our drug and alcohol recovery programs near Bala Cynwyd PA.