Although living in Southampton means that many residents benefit from higher incomes, with higher than average rental prices and house prices this may still leave your finances stretched at the end of the month. If you are finding it difficult to balance your earnings and outgoings, this can put you under significant pressure, especially if you have a family to support. It is no wonder that some residents may turn to drink or drugs as a way to cope with their worries, but these addictive substances do not offer a solution and can create a host of other problems that only add to your concerns. Luckily, you can access help with alcohol abuse and drug abuse thanks to Steps to Recovery, as we offer various drug and alcohol treatment programs close to Southampton PA that have a proven track record for helping addicts achieve abstinence.
Avoiding the Dangers of Drug Abuse and Alcohol Abuse
Heavy drinking and drug dependency can leave you in poor health, add to your money worries and destroy relationships, so it is vital that you seek help with alcohol and drug addiction sooner rather than later to minimize the damage that these destructive habits have on your life. By getting prompt treatment from an alcohol and drug recovery program Southampton PA you can prevent the following problems associated with substance misuse:
- Deteriorating physical health. Drinking heavily not only damages your liver, but also puts you at risk of heart disease, various cancers and brain damage. Meanwhile, just some of the health problems associated with drug taking include lung irritation when smoking cannabis and cocaine, life-threatening infections from injecting heroin and kidney failure after an overdose of crystal meth.
- Deteriorating mental health. Excess alcohol leaves you vulnerable to depressed mood and anxiety, while long-term marijuana use puts you at risk of serious mental illnesses like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Abusing drugs like methamphetamine, speed, LSD and ecstasy can also leave you susceptible to future problems with your mental health.
- Further money problems if you run up debts feeding your drink or drug habit. Matters can worsen if reduced performance and increased absenteeism cause you to lose your job. If you are out of work, once suffering from substance dependency it can become even more difficult to secure a job, as you do not have the motivation to seek work and you are less likely to perform well in an interview.
- Poor relationships with family and friends. Heavy alcohol use and drug abuse can strain previously good relationships with loved ones, particularly if you push them away when they suggest you need help with your addiction.
- Legal trouble. Even with a previously unblemished record, getting drunk or high can encourage you to take risks like getting behind the wheel when intoxicated, and even the most mild-mannered people can turn aggressive when under the influence.
Speaking with our team of helpful staff can help you find out more about the alcohol and drug recovery programs near Southampton PA that we offer and decide which is the right approach to addiction treatment for you.
Styles of Drug and Alcohol Programs Southampton PA
At Steps to recovery we offer a range of treatment options for overcoming the hold of alcohol and drugs. Among the recovery programs you can choose from are:
- Supervised withdrawal from alcohol and drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Southampton PA
- Rehab for opiate abuse, including heroin addiction
- Cocaine recovery treatment
- Rehabilitation for marijuana dependency
- Crystal meth rehab Southampton PA
- Amphetamine recovery program
- Recovery from addiction to club drugs like LSD and ecstasy
- Treatment for dependency on antidepressants, anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills
If you are dependent on another addictive substance, we are happy to talk to you about the treatment options available to you locally. We can also advise you on the benefits of inpatient and outpatient addiction programs, as you can choose whether you wish to receive treatment as a residential client or on an outpatient basis. The proximity of our alcohol and drug recovery centers to Southampton PA makes commuting for treatment on a daily basis feasible, so partial hospitalization is another option open to you. After completing a course of rehabilitation for substance dependency you will be glad to know that we also provide follow-up care, with options including sober living accommodation and aftercare services as an outpatient.
Addiction Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse
When you sign up to receive care at one of our drug and alcohol addiction recovery centers near Southampton PA you will commence an individualized program of therapy that is tailored to your requirements. With this personalized approach to addiction therapy we are better able to meet your needs during rehab, giving you a fighting chance of beating your reliance on alcohol and drugs. As part of your therapy program you will receive counseling on a one to one basis and also as part of a group, with family therapy additionally available. This diverse approach to talking therapy ensures that you can work on triggers and cravings individual to you, as well as benefiting from the dynamics of group counseling and also restore rocky relationships with your family so they can support you after completing addiction rehabilitation.
A Comprehensive Approach to Treating Addictions
On top of evidence-based talking therapies, our clients can benefit from other treatments and activities that are known to help recovering addicts. For example, complementary therapies can boost your mood, reduce anxieties and help you feel more positive about the treatment experience, so you are more likely to receive a good outcome from a drug and alcohol addiction program Southampton PA. Another feature we offer is skills training so that you are better prepared after you leave rehab, which ranges from skills that are helpful in the workplace to those that are handy to have at home. When you are in a better position to slot into your community, your chances of making a full recovery are higher, which is yet another reason why our clients are much less likely to relapse.