When you look at the average income of Glenside residents, across the age range, genders and ethnic groups, they fair far better than the state and the US as a whole. However, even if you don’t have money worries, this doesn’t mean that life is smooth sailing. From concerns about your health to family issues, these can take their toll. Without a strong support network you may struggle to cope and this is the time when alcohol and drugs can seem a tempting way to escape from you troubles. What begins as a couple of glasses of wine can soon become a bottle a night habit and enjoying the odd joint to take the edge off anxiety can become a regular feature, possibly even paving the way to other addictive drugs like amphetamines, cocaine and opiates. While it can seem that your options are limited when you develop alcohol or drug dependency and are searching for alcohol and drug rehab in Glenside PA, Steps to Recovery can help you overcome your addiction with the aid of one of our effective alcohol and drug addiction treatment programs near Glenside PA.
The Signs You Need Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Glenside PA
It is easy to convince yourself that you don’t have a problem with substance abuse, but there are some signs that you can’t ignore. If any of the following sound all too familiar, it is a clear indication that you are struggling with addiction and would benefit from the specialist input of an alcohol and drug recovery center:
- You get through increasing amounts of alcohol or you are taking higher drug doses
- You have started to develop withdrawal symptoms, even if you had your last drink or took a pill just the night before
- You no longer feel in control of your habit
- You continue to abuse alcohol and drugs despite it adversely affecting your health. For instance, heavy drinking has given you a stomach ulcer and smoking marijuana is exacerbating your asthma. You may even have suffered an overdose and required hospital care.
- Attempts to cut back on your drinking or drug taking have failed
- Areas such as your family life, education and employment are suffering, and you have lost interest in hobbies and contact with friends
Programs for Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Glenside PA
Joining an alcohol or drug rehabilitation program doesn’t mean that you need to take part in residential treatment that takes you miles away from your family. When you select Steps for Recovery to provide your addiction treatment, you can choose the style of substance abuse program that is right for you and in all cases these are close to home. Whether you need alcohol detox in Glenside PA, supervised drug withdrawal, rehab for heroin addiction or a recovery program for cannabis dependency, we offer these and many more within Pennsylvania.
When it comes to alcohol and drug rehab in Glenside PA, whether you have become dependent upon on alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs, crystal meth or crack, you can pick from the following types of program at our substance abuse treatment centers:
- Residential addiction treatment. You will benefit from daily therapy sessions, intensive support and be free of temptations when you take part in inpatient alcohol and drug rehab. As our addiction recovery facilities close to Glenside are near your loved ones, this makes visits and participation in family therapy easy.
- Outpatient substance abuse rehab. If you have a good social support and feel you have enough structure in your life to support your quit attempt, outpatient treatment for alcohol and drug abuse is a realistic option. With this less intensive approach to treatment, you are free to keep up with other commitments alongside your therapy sessions and can continue to stay at home during the course of rehab.
- Partial hospitalization. When you need intensive therapy, but you would rather avoid an inpatient stay, partial hospitalization is the ideal solution. With Steps to Recovery offering alcohol and drug recovery programs near the Glenside area, attending daily therapy is easily manageable.
A Unique Approach to Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Glenside PA
To free yourself from the grip of drink or drugs, you need therapy that is tailored to your circumstances. This is why we focus on client-centered care in all our programs for addiction recovery. Many other substance abuse treatment centers don’t take this approach, instead offering you a generic therapy program, which may or may not suit your needs. A one size fits all approach is not backed by scientific evidence, unlike customized addiction treatment. It is therefore no surprise that our clients relapse less often after rehabilitation and you can benefit from the same level of success when you select one of our programs.
A Comprehensive Therapy Program
We offer all clients a range of addiction therapies that are supported by clinical studies, so you are in the best position to break your habit. For example, everyone receives weekly private counseling, giving you the chance to work through issues specific to your own needs, so you are less likely to give into alcohol and drug triggers and cravings. Meanwhile, therapy as a group lets you participate in discussions around problems that you all may face during your journey to abstinence, with group problem solving used to identify how you can manage these situations. Family therapy also plays an important role in addiction recovery, as it enables you to work on your relationship with loved ones and means you have their backing once you complete addiction treatment. An additional aspect of treatment is access to complementary therapies, which enhance your quality of life and your chances of resisting temptation. However, we also make sure that you receive help with skills development if a gap in your abilities may hinder your success after treatment. By taking this rounded approach to treating alcohol and drug abuse, we make sure that all your needs are met.
Charities and Support Glenside PA
- Fair Housing Rights Center in Southeastern Pennsylvania: 105 East Glenside Avenue, Glenside, PA 19038-4624
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church: PO Box 1228, Glenside, PA 19038-6228
- New Vision Youth Community Center: 36 Limekiln Pike, Glenside, PA 19038-2917