With the average resident in Conshohocken working 40 hours each week, this can leave you tired and raise your stress levels, particularly when you have other commitments to juggle. While a healthy diet and regular exercise can help to combat the effects of long working hours, when already pressed for time this is not so easy to achieve. A drink after work may seem a more effortless way to relax and you may even be tempted by mood enhancing drugs like opiates or amphetamines. However, while these addictive substance may give you a short-term lift, they can actually damage your mental health in the long-term and complicate your life in other ways. If you develop a dependency on alcohol or drugs, professional help is available locally, as Steps to Recovery offers a range of addiction treatment programs near Conshohocken PA.
Dangers of Abusing Alcohol and Drugs
Besides the physical consequences of heavy drinking and drug misuse, your mental wellness can also suffer during substance dependency. Just some of the problems you may encounter are outlined below:
- Alcohol: While one drink will make you brighter and put you at ease, more than this will make you depressed and on edge.
- Marijuana: You might feel relaxed soon after using cannabis, but you may later feel low in spirits and anxious, with long-term use increasing your chances of more serious mental health problems.
- Speed: Amphetamines can give you a buzz and boost your confidence, but their use can also make you experience feelings of nervousness, panic and paranoia.
- Opiates: Whether you abuse heroin or prescription painkillers, if you have pre-existing mental health problems, these are likely to worsen with opiate abuse.
- Cocaine: While coke can give you a high, it can also make you susceptible to anxiousness and paranoia.
- Ecstasy: After the effects of a pill have worn off, you are more likely to feel anxious and low in mood.
Some of the other problems that substance misuse can bring with it are straining previously good relationships with family and friends, making it difficult for you to function at college or work, financial struggles, encouraging you to take risks and even giving you a criminal record.
Detox from Alcohol and Drugs Conshohocken PA
If you have been drinking heavily and taking large doses of drugs, before you can begin an addiction recovery program you first need to undergo a supervised withdrawal. This allows you to receive medical monitoring, as suddenly depriving your body of alcohol abuse or drugs can lead to serious withdrawal symptoms. Not only is this sometimes dangerous, but as these symptoms are often intense they can stand in the way of you successfully detoxing. On one of our alcohol and drug withdrawal programs Conshohocken PA you will receive any medical treatment you require, as well as symptom relief to make detox a more bearable experience. After completing this first stage of addiction treatment, you are then ready to start rehab for substance dependency.
Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Programs
Steps to Recovery allows you to choose between inpatient, outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment. This means that whether you are looking for intensive addiction therapy with support on hand round the clock or you want a more flexible program of care to fit around your responsibilities, you can access treatment at one of our alcohol and drug addiction recovery centers close to Conshohocken PA. Among the rehabilitation services we offer are:
- Alcohol rehab
- Recovery from heroin addiction
- Prescription painkiller rehabilitation
- Rehab for cocaine dependency
- Recovery from amphetamine abuse
- Rehabilitation for cannabis dependency
- Crystal meth rehab
- Treatment for ecstasy abuse and other club drugs
Addiction Therapy Conshohocken PA
Every client who enters one of our alcohol and drug recovery centers receives a tailored care program customized to their needs. With this level of personalization, you are more likely to leave your drinking and drug taking behind for good, as therapy is individualized to your requirements and the problems you face. Not all addiction treatment services take this client-focused approach, which helps our care to stand out and explains why more of our clients beat their addiction after a single round of rehab.
In terms of the actual therapy you receive, your program will comprise of a weekly one to one counseling session, as well as extensive group therapy. Private therapy allows you to benefit from counseling techniques focused on your needs, allowing you to develop strategies that will help you get the better of triggers for alcohol and drug abuse. When in group therapy you will work with your peers on broader issues and discuss ideas for managing these common problems. Family therapy is also encouraged as it helps to restore a strong family unit which will be invaluable after you complete addiction therapy Conshohocken PA if you are to have the ongoing support that you need to stay sober.
Offering Rounded Treatment for Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Although talking therapies are an important focus of our therapy, this is not the only form of treatment you will receive while enrolled in one of our alcohol and drug recovery programs. Our treatment facilities also offer complementary therapies, which enhance your mental wellness, putting you in a stronger position to achieve success. Besides these additional therapies, we also recognize the value of making sure you are fully prepared for life after addiction rehabilitation Conshohocken PA. We do this by allowing you to work on any gaps in skill areas that may act as a barrier to you functioning at home, in the workplace or in your community. Whether you need to work on those skills that will help you re-enter the jobs market or that will help you to manage your budget, we can offer activities designed to enhance your abilities in these areas, allowing you to fully rehabilitate.
Charities and Groups Conshohocken PA
- Conshohocken Veterans Association: PO Box 92, Conshohocken, PA 19428-0092
- St Mark’s Lutheran Church: 508 Harry Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428
- Fellowship House of Conshohocken: 515 Harry Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428