In America, the challenges addiction to drugs pose are significant. Physical and psychological drug or alcohol dependence is causing many to lose jobs, wreck relationships, and fall into financial turmoil. Drugs in America, particularly heroin and opioid use, are a nationwide crisis that needs to be addressed with individualized care.
The Hard Facts
In recent years, the headlines highlight the extent of drug addiction in America. For example, the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH for the year 2014) presents the following hard addiction facts:
• 21.5 million American adults aged 12 and over fought substance abuse
• Seven million of those people had a drug use disorder
• Eighty percent of them also abused alcohol
• One in every 12 teens suffered from a substance abuse problem
• For young adults between ages 18 and 25, 16.3 percent had substance use disorders
• For adults over 25, 14.5 million had substance use disorders
As the statistics show, people of all ages suffer due to the direct effect of drugs in America.
Are Drugs in America Negatively Affecting You?
Going over columns of numbers is a cold, clinical method for grasping the country’s addiction problem. However, for many people, the epidemic is much more personal.
For example, has what began as a fun-loving adventure gradually turned into substance abuse that controls your daily life? Do you spend more and more time using or obsessing over obtaining drugs? Has your use led you to hurt, lie, or steal from the people close to you? Have you tried to quit on your own, only to fail because of painful physical and emotional withdrawal side effects? Have other challenges, such as a mental health diagnosis, made fighting your addiction virtually impossible?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, we invite you to learn more about Steps To Recovery, a ground-breaking addiction treatment center located in Levittown, PA. Overall, we’re different from any other partial hospitalization or outpatient treatment program.
What Sets Steps to Recovery Apart
For our compassionate and knowledgeable staff, getting to know you doesn’t mean checking boxes and filling out forms. It involves truly connecting with you. We make it our priority to walk with you on every step of your sobriety journey.
Our clients succeed in their battle against addiction because we work as a team. Together, we customize a treatment program that takes your unique history, diagnoses, and needs into account. If other programs were ineffective, we explore diverse methods for modifying our plans. Among other services, we offer:
• Partial hospitalization program allowing you to intensely focus on your recovery
• Evidence-based addiction therapies
• Group sessions with peers to brainstorm coping strategies and learn life skills
• Access to outdoor recreation
• Intensive outpatient program
No matter what happened in the past or the challenges you face, Steps To Recovery is here for you. As your strong and compassionate partner on the road to recovery, we’ll stay by your side every step of the way. To begin your transformation, call our friendly counselors at 267.719.8528.