Although situated in New Jersey, Moorestown is one of Philadelphia’s Eastern suburbs. Its residents benefit from far higher than average earnings than the state as a whole, with average annual income around $97,000 compared to New Jersey’s average of around $67,500. If you live here these figures suggest that money worries are less likely to be an issue for you, but financial difficulties are just one of the problems that can contribute to stress. With a high pressured job you may find that this takes its toll on your mental wellness, leading to anxiety or depression, though any number of personal difficulties could have a similar effect.
While there are various strategies you can use to cope in these situations, it is often easy to look for a quick fix. This can lead some people to turn to drugs, as smoking a joint or popping an opiate pain reliever can quickly enhance your feelings of well-being, even though these are just short-lived. Even if you have a prescription for sedatives or tranquilizers, you can soon become reliant on these and find that you are addicted when you try to wean yourself off them. As easy as it is for a problem with drugs to develop, recovery is not so straightforward. However, with the help of drug addiction services Moorestown NJ or those in nearby PA, it is possible for you to overcome your habit.
Problem Drug Use
It is easy to think that drug abuse is only linked to street drugs like coke, heroin and meth, but problems can easily arise from chronic use of cannabis or misuse of prescription medications. You therefore should not assume that these drugs are any safer, as they can still damage your physical and mental health, as well as having wider social implications. If you are unclear whether you have a drug problem, the following signs are an indication that you should consider getting help for substance abuse:
- You can now tolerate higher doses of the substance, so you need to take increasing amounts to get the same benefits. However, taking high drug doses also increases your risk of an overdose and there are far more fatal drug overdoses of prescription medications than illicit drugs.
- With prescribed drugs you find yourself saying that you have lost your previous prescription, visiting various doctors for scripts or even forging a prescription to access extra pills and higher doses to support your habit.
- If you go longer than usual without taking drugs, you notice physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms. For instance, with marijuana withdrawal you experience insomnia, irritability and poor appetite, while with narcotics the signs of withdrawal are similar to withdrawing from heroin, so symptoms include muscle aches, sweating, digestive upset and anxiety. Withdrawal from benzodiazepines and sleeping pills also produce a range of unpleasant symptoms. Drug cravings are additionally common whatever your substance of choice.
- You feel your drug taking is out of control, as even if you want to you can’t stop owing to intense cravings, withdrawal symptoms and the hold that drugs have over you.
- You find yourself neglecting other areas of your life, such as your work and family life, as drug abuse takes over. Drug users also lose interest in activities they used to enjoy such as hobbies and socializing.
- You may find yourself in trouble with the law if you are caught in illegal possession of a controlled substance or if you drive under the influence of drugs.
- You still take drugs despite the serious consequences this is having on your health and other areas of your life.
Identifying with any of the above is a clear sign you would benefit from the addiction help Pennsylvania that Steps to Recovery offers.
Choosing Drug Rehab Moorestown NJ
As Moorestown NJ is so close to drug rehab centers in Pennsylvania, it makes sense to consider these when choosing help with drug dependency. There are various factors to consider when selecting an addiction recovery program to enroll on, which ranges from whether you wish to take part in outpatient or residential rehab, to making sure that the center offers treatment in line with guidelines for best practice.
The setting you choose for addiction recovery depends on your individual needs, with inpatient, outpatient and partial hospitalization all carrying various advantages. For example, if you need more intensive support, a residential stay is ideal, as staff are on hand around the clock if necessary, and this also means that you can benefit from more hours of counseling and behavioral therapy each week. Residential treatment for drug addiction is equally beneficial if you don’t have the structure needed to assist your recovery at home, so staying in supervised accommodation means that you are free from the triggers that may tempt you while still undergoing rehabilitation. However, if you do not need as much support and are confident that you can cope at home, attending outpatient drug treatment PA is a possibility. The flexibility that this approach to drug counseling offers allows you to continue with college, work or family commitments, as it is often possible to fit treatment sessions around these other priorities. Meanwhile, partial hospitalization allows you to take advantage of the benefits of both styles of treatment, as while you participate in therapy sessions most days, you do not stay residentially, so can continue to live at home. The close proximity of Moorestown NJ to Pennsylvania drug treatment centers makes a daily commute feasible.
Among the recommendations for substance abuse treatment, the National Institute of Drug Abuse highlights the following as essential for successful rehab, so when selecting a drug recovery program PA you should make sure that the following are incorporated:
- A range of treatment styles are on offer
- Treatment addresses more than just your drug problem, so considers wider health and social issues
- Therapy adapts to your needs during the course of rehab
- Medically assisted drug withdrawal is offered, followed by a course of rehabilitation
- Both one-to-one and group counseling is available
- Follow-up treatment is available
Personalized Drug Treatment Moorestown NJ
At Steps to Recovery one of the reasons why so many of the clients successfully kick their drug habit is due to the customized treatment programs on offer. As each client receives a comprehensive assessment when they enroll for drug rehab, this makes sure that it is possible to tailor a program of addiction therapy to their needs. Each client comes with their own set of personal circumstances, which is why one size fits all treatment is not effective for treating drug addiction. Taking an individualized approach therefore means that therapy and additional activities can address all of the areas that have contributed to your drug abuse so that you are in the best position to overcome substance misuse. From the type of talking therapies you take part in during personal counseling sessions to those activities designed to enhance your skills, your treatment plan will differ from your peers, but this ensures that everyone gets most benefit from the program.
As part of this tailor made drug addiction treatment, your plan of care is regularly reviewed while you progress through therapy at StR. This allows adjustments to your treatment plan as required so that you can make the best possible progress on your journey to recovery. From adjusting the style of behavioral therapy you receive to adding in extra activities that would benefit your personal development, these regular reviews of your care contribute to your success.
Behavioral Therapies during Treatment
Various styles of counseling are available for clients, but everyone is encouraged to participate in individual and group counseling at Steps to Recovery, and family therapy is also on offer. By taking part in each of these forms of behavioral therapy it maximizes the benefits you receive from counseling, as each helps with different areas. For instance, CBT is typically used during one to one counseling sessions to help identify the triggers for drug misuse, allowing you to work with an addiction specialist to develop strategies to avoid these situations and manage cravings. As delivered on an individual basis, personal therapy sessions allow you to address issues very specific to you and discuss topics you may not feel comfortable raising in a group situation. Group counseling offers alternative benefits though, such as the chance to learn from your peers’ experiences and ideas, as many issues are common to everyone attending substance abuse rehab. You can additionally develop team working skills when you problem solve as a group. Finally, family counseling sessions are designed to help both you and your loved ones to better understand the other. You will appreciate by listening to them how much your drug taking has impacted on their lives, but it is also a time to make those close to you realize the struggles you have faced. By reconnecting with your family in this way, it makes sure that they are on your side and able to offer you the ongoing support you need to stay clean from drugs when you return to Moorestown NJ.
Additional Therapies on Offer
Besides offering custom made care, another aspect that sets the treatment you receive at StR apart from those offered by other drug recovery facilities is that you can take part in complementary therapies. While these extra therapies are not routinely available elsewhere, there is evidence from clinical studies to support their use. For example, research shows that acupuncture is able to alleviate drug withdrawal symptoms and reduce the risk of relapse. Clinical findings also back up the use of yoga during drug addiction treatment, as this can benefit mental wellness, which is often a barrier to successful abstinence. By reducing the symptoms of anxiety and depression, and helping addicts to cope better with other problems affecting their mental wellness, they are able to focus on their treatment and participate more effectively in therapy.
Promoting Skills Development
When you complete a drug addiction program Moorestown NJ, it is essential that you can easily fit into your life at home and contribute meaningfully to your community. A comprehensive program of therapy can help you to work on your interpersonal skills, though you will build on these and additional skills through the other activities available when you attend Steps to Recovery. Just some of the activities you can take part in include:
- Vocational rehabilitation. If finding work was a struggle before you entered drug rehab Moorestown NJ, help is available to brush on work related skills. From developing transferable skills like time management to how to catch the attention of a prospective employer through an application form or interview, assistance is available and is tailored to your needs.
- Group working. If you take part in a residential program, there are lots of opportunities to work with your peers and strengthen your skills in team working. For instance, when it comes to meals, you may be asked to work as a group to plan and cook a meal to fit in with your budget. Besides using your skills in listening, contributing to discussions and co-operation, you will enhance other skill areas such as money management and learning to cook nutritious meals for your family.
- Recreational activities. Another aspect of inpatient treatment at StR is the inclusion of leisure time in the weekly program. During this time you will take part in structured activities, ranging from rock climbing to attending the gym, which are designed to enhance your recovery in various ways. This is another opportunity to build on your interpersonal skills during interactive activities, but also allows you to develop beneficial coping mechanisms that will keep you sober after drug treatment Moorestown NJ.