With a poverty rate of less than 3%, compared to America’s average of 15%, those living outside of Prospect Park might think that life is rosy here. While it is true that financially people are better off, residents still face many of the same worries as elsewhere. This means that for some people alcohol and drugs offer an attractive escape from their problems. If you or a family member are struggling to control your alcohol intake or you are in the grip of an addiction to cannabis, an opiate, a stimulant or another habit-forming substance, we can help break these destructive habits and allow you to look forward to a brighter future. By choosing Steps to Recovery to provide your drug and alcohol addiction treatment Prospect Park PA you have a range of rehab options open to you close to home.
Seeking Help with Drug and Alcohol Addiction
When suffering from substance dependency it is often difficult to see the destruction that abusing alcohol and drugs is causing in your life.
However, all of the following are warning signs that you have a problem and should enroll on a specialist addiction treatment program:
- You need to drink increasingly large amounts or take greater doses of drugs to achieve the same feelings of pleasure.
- Your addictive habit is causing problems with your family or making it difficult for you to function at school or work
- You are neglecting yourself. Heavy alcohol use and addiction to drugs such as amphetamines and cocaine may lead to reduced appetite and weight loss, while any form of substance dependency can lead to poor self-care, so you may not take care of your appearance or see to your medical needs.
- You are taking risks to obtain drink or drugs or are engaging in risky behaviors while under the influence.
- You have been arrested or have needed hospital care as a result of your alcohol or drug addiction.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms. If you regularly abuse alcohol you may develop the shakes in the morning if you don’t have a drink and withdrawal symptoms are common for most recreational drugs. For instance, heroin withdrawal leads to sweating, muscle aches, anxiety and insomnia, while not getting your fix of cannabis can lead to irritability and mood swings.
- You want to stop your habit, but you have lost control.
Choosing Drug and Alcohol Programs Prospect Park PA
When you recognize that you are struggling with substance abuse and you want to access a drug and alcohol rehab center near Prospect Park PA, Steps to Recovery offers a range of treatment options for you to choose from:
- Supervised alcohol and drug withdrawal programs
- Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab Prospect Park PA
- Partial hospitalization for addiction rehabilitation
- Outpatient substance abuse treatment facilities
- Sober living accommodation for after rehab
- Aftercare programs to promote lasting abstinence from drink and drugs
Each style of treatment is best suited to a given set of needs and the stage at which you are at in your recovery process. If you are unsure which type of addiction recovery program would best meet your requirements, our helpful team can provide you with further information to help you come to a decision.
Charities and Other Assistance in Prospect Park PA
- Prospect Hill Baptist Church: 703 Lincoln Avenue, Prospect Park, PA 19076
- Prospect Park Youth Club: PO BOX 139, Prospect park, PA 19076
- St James Episcopal Church: 732 11th Avenue, Prospect Park, PA 19076-1313
Therapy During Rehabilitation Programs
After you successfully detox from drugs and alcohol, the next step is to take part in a course of rehabilitation, which helps you to resist the draw of your substance of choice. To give you the greatest chance of staying sober at Steps to Recovery we offer every client a tailor-made program of therapy, which is suited to your personal needs. Other alcohol and drug recovery centers close to Prospect Park PA do not necessarily offer a customized approach to care, which partly explains why our clients benefit from higher success rates and a lower chance of needing further addiction rehab.
While the individual talking therapies advised vary from one client to another, everyone receives one to one counseling, as well as group therapy; sessions dedicated to family therapy are also on offer. Providing a range of therapy styles means that your needs are best met, as while private addiction counseling allows you to address your individual needs, you can also gain a lot from group discussion, as everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas during problem solving sessions. Family counseling is also often recommended, as when under the hold of an addictive substance your relationship with loved ones often becomes strained. This is not only unpleasant for everyone involved, but also means that if you do not reform these bonds you are likely to struggle following addiction rehab, so family therapy makes sure that you have a support network in place for your return home from drug and alcohol rehabilitation Prospect Park PA.
As an adjunct to talking therapies, we also make complementary treatments available to you. While these are not a common feature of substance abuse recovery programs, we like to take advantage of all the evidence-based therapies on offer to help our clients successfully battle their addiction. The positive impact that these treatments have on your well-being puts you in a better position to achieve abstinence and they can additionally help you to cope with triggers for alcohol abuse and drug taking.
Preparing You for After Rehab
The program of care we offer for our clients doesn’t stop with addiction therapies though, as we also ensure you are ready to manage with all aspects of life after your addiction treatment comes to an end. By helping you to build on your skills during drug and alcohol rehab Prospect Park PA, you can adjust to life more easily when back home, helping you to stay clean and contribute to your community. From developing your transferrable skills that are valuable in the workplace to giving you tips for job applications and interviews, we can help you in various areas of skills development, and even give you the chance to learn valuable household skills such as budgeting and cooking healthy meals. With these skills ready you are less likely to fall off the wagon after you complete one of our therapy programs for drug and alcohol abuse.