When you suspect that a loved one is abusing alcohol or drugs, it is natural that you have many concerns and may not know how best to manage the situation. However, with your help and support it is possible for a family member or friend to seek addiction treatment to overcome their struggle with substance dependency. If you are looking for drug and alcohol treatment facilities near Bryn Mawr, Steps to Recovery offers a range of rehabilitation options that your loved one can choose from. Whether an inpatient or outpatient program is more appropriate for their needs, we can help them to give up their drink or drug habit for the long-term.
How to Help an Addict
If you believe someone close to you is suffering from an addiction, there are several ways you can help them, which are outlined below:
- Learn as much as possible about alcohol and drug dependency. You can use the resources on our site to help you inform yourself, which puts you in the best position to support your loved one.
- Discuss your concerns with your relative or friend. Your loved one may deny their habit or brush it aside, so be prepared with specific reasons why you are worried. The sooner you raise your concerns the better, as this allows them to get timely help with their addiction. However, you should make it clear that you are there to support them at every stage of the recovery process and will help them to access a rehabilitation program.
- Appreciate they will need professional help to quit. Even if an addict promises to cut back or stop, this usually isn’t possible without expert guidance, as they need to learn coping strategies to allow them to give up alcohol, marijuana, opiates, cocaine or any other substance for good.
- Offer ongoing support. Even after your loved one is in treatment for drug and alcohol addiction, they will need your continued support, as this enhances their chances of achieving long-term recovery from substance abuse.
Help to Find Addiction Treatment Near Bryn Mawr
Choosing alcohol and drug rehab close to Bryn Mawr makes sense for a number of reasons. Firstly, this opens up the option of outpatient care for your loved one, allowing them to attend for addiction treatment at various times over the week, while they stay at home and continue with their other responsibilities. Even if they opt for a residential treatment program though, when the center is within easy reach of Bryn Mawr this will allow you and other people close to them to visit on a regular basis. Maintaining connections with family and friends is important to ensure they have a strong support network when they complete their formal program of recovery, which is why we encourage regular contact with loved ones and incorporate family therapy into our addiction programs. Whether they opt for inpatient or outpatient treatment, when close to home this also means it is an easier transition for your friend or relative, as we appreciate that entering rehab is not an easy time for them.
Choosing Steps to Recovery for Rehab
While there are several substance abuse treatment centers accessible from Bryn Mawr, Steps to Recovery offers a unique program of care that will help your loved one make sure they get on the right track to kick their habit. Some of the key points that make our rehabilitation programs different are:
- Addiction care is always centered around a client’s needs
- The plan of care includes therapy beyond one to one and group counseling
- Skills development is a priority on our programs
- Our staff offer unlimited support and are dedicated to helping your loved one get sober
Addiction Treatment Unique to Your Requirements
To give clients a fighting chance of freeing themselves from addiction, everyone receives a tailor made treatment plan. This addresses issues specific to them so that care is designed to help overcome their personal difficulties and equip them with the coping strategies they need. When you compare this approach to that offered by many other rehab facilities within Pennsylvania, you will find that few adopt a client-centered approach, instead rolling out a standard program of care. This helps to explain why Steps to Recovery’s clients have a greater chance of getting clean on their first attempt.
A Broad Approach to Therapy
Private counseling sessions give clients the chance to work on personal triggers and issues associated with their alcohol abuse or drug taking, while group therapy lets them work as a team to problem solve common concerns. They also receive great support from the addiction counselors and their peers, making both forms of therapy very valuable. However, we realize that there are other proven addiction treatments out there too. This is why we offer complementary treatments at our rehab facilities near Bryn Mawr. From acupuncture to yoga they can benefit from these additional therapies, which not only boost their mental well-being, but can also help to relieve cravings.
Developing Life-Long Skills
Giving clients opportunities to work on their transferrable skills and those that will help them to find a job puts them in the ideal position when they finish rehab, as they are more likely to find the transition back into your life in Bryn Mawr easier and they can make a valuable contribution to their community. From developing spoken and listening skills and their ability to work as part of a team through therapy sessions and other activities, they are well prepared for the workplace and have exactly the skills employers are looking for. However, even if they don’t have experience of completing applications and taking part in interviews, these are additional areas we can help with.
Devoted Care from Our Team
For our team of therapists and support workers helping your loved one to free themselves from the grip of drink and drugs isn’t just their job; it is something they feel passionately about. Everyone has a genuine interest in helping each client to meet their goal of lasting abstinence, so we aim to do all that we can to increase their chance of success. From offering empathy to support in every possible way, we are here to make your loved one’s stay as comfortable and effective for them as possible. If you would like to learn more about how you can help a friend or family member access professional addiction help near Bryn Mawr, we will gladly offer you confidential advice.