With just 3% of residents below the poverty line and average earnings that far exceed those for the state, this largely wealthy area is popular with families and professionals. However, living here you may still come into difficulties, even if your bank balance is in good shape. For instance, the pressures that come with a well paid job can lead to significant stress, and you may treat yourself to a drink when you come home each evening. This nightly drink can become a more serious habit if you start drinking heavily and more concerning still is if you also turn your attention to recreational drugs that can lift your spirits. Having a joint of marijuana or misusing prescription drugs might seem like a safer option to many of the hard street drugs available, but cannabis and opiate painkillers are no less addictive and can also damage your health. If you realize the habits you developed to relieve stress have now become a problem, Steps to Recovery can help, as we offer a varied choice of treatments for drug abuse and alcohol abuse near Villanova PA.
Exploring Drug and Alcohol Therapy Programs
If you have the idea in your mind that treating dependency on alcohol or drugs always involves a residential stay, this is not the case and we provide several options for how you access your addiction therapy. Our clients can choose from the following styles of therapy for alcohol abuse and drug abuse:
- Supervised detox. If you are drinking heavily or abusing certain drugs, you will benefit from monitoring when you withdraw from your substance of choice. This helps to keep your comfortable and allows any medical issues that can arise during detox to be treated promptly.
- Inpatient therapy for substance dependency. If this is not the first time you are seeking treatment for a drinking or drug problem, receiving daily therapy and living in supervised accommodation increases your chance of giving up your habit for good. This is also a good idea if your life at home lacks structure and support. For some clients this more intensive therapy and round the clock support is simply more appealing. Whatever your reasons for choosing residential alcohol and drug therapy Villanova PA, it is reassuring to know that as you are near home it is easy for your loved ones to visit.
- Partial hospitalization for addiction. If you still want to attend daily therapy sessions, but you would rather remain in your own accommodation, partial hospitalization is the perfect compromise. The close proximity of our drug and alcohol addiction therapy services to Villanova PA means that this daily commute is also feasible for you.
- Outpatient therapy for drug and alcohol abuse. If you are unable to take part in such intense therapy, as you have other commitments that you need to maintain, visiting one of our addiction rehab centers several times weekly for therapy offers you a more flexible approach to alcohol and drug therapy.
Addiction Therapy Villanova PA
Whether inpatient or outpatient therapy is more compatible with your requirements, it is welcome news that in all of our drug and alcohol treatment programs Villanova PA you will receive personalized care to suit your needs. This customized approach to addiction care puts you in closer reach of sobriety and a brighter future, as it helps you address the issues individual to you that contributed to your heavy drinking or drug taking. You will work through these problems during therapy sessions so that you have a personalized action plan for how you can address them, which will make you more likely to beat your addiction.
All of our clients take part in one to one and group talking therapies, which are both essential to your recovery from substance misuse. Private sessions with a counselor allow you to work on personal issues and during these weekly meetings you can benefit from therapies tailored to your needs. Meanwhile, participating in group counseling lets you take part in interactive discussions that raise issues relevant to the recovery process. As well as learning further coping strategies to manage triggers and cravings, you are supported by your peers during these sessions, which adds to the encouragement that all of our devoted therapists offer. Family therapy is also an option and highly recommended if your relationship with loved ones is currently strained due to your destructive habits. This helps you to restore your relationship by offering you both the chance to understand each other better so that your loved ones are ready to support you after alcohol and drug rehab Villanova PA.
Complementary Treatments for Alcohol and Drug Abuse
In addition to talking therapies, you may wish to explore complementary therapies, as these are proven to help recovery from addictive substances. Treatments like acupuncture and yoga are able to improve your mental wellness, which can otherwise stand in the way of successful drug and alcohol rehabilitation. With a brighter mood and reduced anxiety therapy becomes easier and you are less likely to relapse after addiction treatment, particularly as these therapies can also aid with cravings management.
Skills Development Activities
Even if you have no concerns about resuming work after addiction rehab, there may be other skills areas that you need help with. For example, if you neglected yourself due to substance dependency and you do not feel confident preparing quick yet nutritious meals for yourself, these are the sort of skills we can equip you with. Equally, drug abuse and alcohol abuse can take its toll on your ability to communicate and get along well with others, so throughout our addiction treatment programs Villanova PA there are opportunities to work on your speaking, listening and team working skills to restore these, which will benefit your relationship with family, friends, neighbors and co-workers after therapy is complete.
Local Charities and Groups Villanova PA
- New Gulph Children’s Center: Conestoga and Sproul Roads, Villanova, PA 19085
- Christ Church: 536 Conestoga Road, Villanova, PA 19085
- American Missionary Fellowship: 672 Conestoga Road, PO BOX 370, Villanova, PA 19085