When you abuse alcohol and drugs it is easy for recreational use to become an addictive habit, which you may not even recognize at the time. Whatever substance you have become dependent on though, it is possible to access specialist therapy that will help you overcome the hold that drink or drugs have over you. If you are looking for substance abuse counseling services near Franklin, Steps to Recovery offers a variety of addiction therapy programs that can help you to kick you habit for good. By enrolling at one of our treatment centers near home you are a step closer to freeing yourself from alcoholism or drug dependency, so a more positive future is within your reach.
Signs You Need Addiction Therapy
Even if you do not realize that you are addicted to alcohol, opiates, stimulants or hallucinogenic drugs, there are certain key indicators that you are suffering from substance dependency. The following are all signs of addiction and that therapy to help you break your destructive habits is advisable:
- You have tried to give up drinking, smoking pot, injecting heroin, popping ecstasy pills or another substance of choice, but you cannot stop yourself from taking them.
- You suffer withdrawal symptoms if you cannot get your fix. These symptoms vary between substances, but common signs include irritability, insomnia, low mood and cravings, as well as physical symptoms like sweating and aching muscles.
- You continue to abuse drink or drugs even though you know you are doing harm to your body. For instance, liver function tests may reveal that alcohol is damaging your liver or you suffer lung irritation from smoking marijuana or crack.
- You have given up social and recreational activities, as it is more important for you to get drunk or high, and when you do socialize it is with others who share your habit.
- You always make sure you have drink or drugs to hand, even if that means going without food or paying bills to guarantee that you have alcohol, opiates, cannabis, amphetamines or another drug in your possession. You may also turn to illegal activities to finance your habit.
- Your education or work suffers, as your habit take its toll on you physically and mentally, and you are less motivated.
- You sacrifice your relationships, as these taker lower importance than your addiction.
- You start taking risks such as consuming excessive amounts of your chosen substance or driving under the influence.
- You rely on drink or drugs to block out your problems.
- You are not prepared to admit you have a problem even though several of the above are apparent.
Choosing Addiction Therapy Near Franklin
Once you appreciate that the only way to get sober is to address your habits with professional addiction treatment, you need to decide which format you wish your therapy to take. Although rehab for substance abuse is traditionally associated with residential treatment, your options stretch beyond this to include outpatient care and partial hospitalization. With treatment centers in reach of Franklin, this certainly makes commuting for therapy possible, whether on a daily basis or a few days each week.
Inpatient therapy is usually favored by clients who need more comprehensive treatment and support, and is also recommended if you have failed attempts at getting sober in the past. While on average success rates for residential treatment are higher, at Steps to Recovery all of our clients are more likely to achieve abstinence, so you are still likely to succeed if you opt for outpatient care. Receiving therapy as an outpatient is certainly a convenient option if you have other responsibilities you need to keep up while you go though addiction rehab, though if you still need intensive therapy, partial hospitalization provides this without needing to stay in the treatment facility. If you are unsure which style of therapy to choose, our helpful staff are always happy to offer you more details that will help you make an informed decision.
Approach to Therapy at Steps to Recovery
The therapy on offer varies between addiction treatment programs, which is why it is important you research the counseling and other activities on offer before committing to a particular facility. However, when you opt for care provided by Steps to Recovery you can be sure that you will receive high quality therapy that will put you closer to achieving abstinence. When enrolled on any of our alcohol and drug therapy programs in Pennsylvania you will benefit from:
- A program of personalized therapy
- Evidence-based therapy
- A holistic philosophy to care
- Skills development sessions
Individually Tailored Therapy
To benefit most from counseling and additional treatments they need to fit your needs. This is why we customize the therapy every client receives, irrespective of whether you are on a residential or outpatient program. As a result you will develop the coping strategies that are relevant to the difficulties you face and your personal triggers for drug and alcohol abuse, so you are less likely to relapse after rehab.
We like to offer you the most recent developments in the field of addiction recovery and make sure that any therapies on offer in our programs are backed by scientific evidence. This means they are proven to help addicts quit and stay sober, so they are highly likely to help you overcome your habit and get clean too. During rehab you will benefit from one to one, group and family therapy sessions.
Addressing all your needs is essential if you are to achieve lasting abstinence, so we like to meet your emotional needs through therapy sessions. For instance, if you suffer from problems such as low mood or anxiety, specialist therapy can help you to better manage these conditions, which makes you more likely to successfully recover from your addiction. Equally, complementary therapies are known to have a positive influence on mental wellness and these are available on our substance dependency programs.
Looking Forward from Addiction Therapy
If you are to successfully integrate after your addiction treatment near Franklin, you need to have the right skills at your disposal, which doesn’t just mean those that will help you resist drug cravings. We help you to develop your skills in a range of areas, such as enhanced communication, working better as a team and those skills that you will need when looking for work. Even if you need help with practical skills around the home, on our residential therapy programs you can learn the likes of budgeting and preparing nutritious meals that are affordable. Armed with these skills, this is yet another way to reduce your risk of relapse and ensure your lasting recovery.
If you would like to find out more about the drug and alcohol therapy in the Franklin area that we offer, we are only a phone call away.