With a poverty rate of 9.2% you might be one of the residents of Woodlyn who has significant financial struggles. If this is the case money worries may get you down and you may look for ways to forget about the problems you have with your finances. Although they can become a costly habit, drinking alcohol and drug taking are two avenues you may turn to. These might offer brief respite from your concerns, but owing to their addictive nature, drugs and alcohol can bring with them various issues that only end up adding to your worries. When you can see that you have a problem with alcohol abuse and drug abuse, specialist help is available locally through Steps to Recovery. We offer alcohol and drug rehab centers near Woodlyn PA so that you can take control again without having to travel far for treatment.
Problems Associated with Drug and Alcohol Dependency
If you become hooked on drink or drugs you may experience some or all of the following consequences of substance dependency:
- Poor physical health. Abusing alcohol can damage your liver, heart, brain, nerves and also lead to digestive problems. Meanwhile, drug abuse can take its toll on any of your organs, with the damage depending on your substance of choice and how you take it. For instance, smoking cannabis can cause lung irritation, while injecting heroin can leave you vulnerable to life-threatening infections. Additionally, amphetamine and cocaine use can place you at risk of a heart attack, with an overdose of crystal meth potentially damaging your brain, kidneys, liver and lungs.
- Poor mental health. Heavy drinking makes you more likely to develop depression and anxiety, while various drugs also increase the likelihood of mental health problems. For instance, paranoia is a risk of abusing coke, while taking methamphetamine can lead to psychosis. With long-term marijuana use you may later develop bipolar disorder and popping ecstasy pills regularly also increases your risk of future problems with your mood.
- Further money worries, as you spend increasing amounts on your addictive habit.
- Difficulties at college or work if hangovers and comedowns affect your productivity and attendance.
- Strained relationships with loved ones.
- Giving up on your interests and hobbies, as well as socializing less, which can lead to isolation.
If any of the above sound familiar, it is time to explore the available treatments for drug abuse and alcohol abuse. At Steps to Recovery we are happy to talk through the options available to you at our addiction treatment centers close to Woodlyn PA.
Choosing Alcohol and Drug Treatment Woodlyn PA
When you choose Steps to Recovery to provide your care you can choose from a range of programs designed to give you the best chance of kicking your habit for the long-term. Just some of the drug and alcohol treatment programs we offer are:
- Supervised withdrawal from drugs or alcohol
- Alcohol rehabilitation: available as an inpatient or an outpatient
- Drug rehab: available on a residential or outpatient basis
- Recovery from opiate abuse: includes heroin and prescription opiates
- Rehab for stimulant dependency: includes cocaine, amphetamines and crystal meth
- Rehabilitation for addiction to hallucinogens: includes cannabis, LSD, ecstasy and other club drugs
After completing one of the above addiction treatment programs we also provide aftercare services such as sober living facilities and addiction coaching.
Understanding Addiction Therapy
When you enroll at one of our drug and alcohol recovery centers Woodlyn PA you will have access to a range of therapies that are known to help someone with a substance dependency achieve abstinence. Each client’s treatment is tailored to their personal needs to give you an even better chance of leaving your destructive habits behind you. However, whichever specific talking therapies are recommended for your circumstances, you will participate in both individual and group counseling sessions. This lets you work on issues particular to you, as well as broader issues relevant to most of our clients. Offering group therapy allows you to benefit from the ideas of other clients and also lets you gain from the support they can provide you during rehab. On top of these two forms of addiction therapy, family counseling sessions are also provided. These serve a useful purpose, as addictions to alcohol and drugs often destroy relationships with family members and these therapy sessions give you the chance to rebuild these connections so that they are ready to support you throughout your journey to sobriety.
Besides the tailor made care that we offer, another aspect of therapy that sets us apart from other alcohol and drug treatment facilities Woodlyn PA is our inclusion of complementary treatments. These allow you to take advantage of further therapies that have proven successful during rehabilitation for substance dependency. The likes of acupuncture and yoga boost your mental wellness so that you are more likely to participate fully in addiction therapy and at the same time they can also help you to manage cravings for alcohol and drugs more effectively.
Additional Aspects of Treating Alcohol and Drug Abuse
As part of our drug and alcohol treatment programs near Woodlyn PA we also incorporate the following activities to further enhance your chances of staying sober:
- Skills based learning. When you are fully prepared for life after addiction rehab not only can you make a valuable contribution at home and in your community, but you are less likely to return to your old habits. We can help you with everything from practical skills around the home to making a successful job application.
- Opportunities for recreation. In our inpatient recovery programs leisure time is a weekly feature. This helps you unwind, bond with your peers and appreciate that there is no need to use drugs or alcohol to enjoy yourself.
- Sessions at the gym. Beyond rebuilding your physical fitness, this shows you that exercise can offer you a mental boost and that fostering a healthy lifestyle can keep you on the right path.
Charities and Groups Woodlyn PA
- St Matthew Evangelical Lutheran Church: 160 Fairview Road, Woodlyn, PA 19094
- Derwood Park Civic Association: 215 Derwood Drive, Woodlyn, PA 19094-1915