Although residents of Downington benefit from below average unemployment rates and above average earnings compared to both Pennsylvania and the country as a whole, this is no guarantee that your life will be problem free. Even when your finances are in good shape, you are still at risk of the same difficulties that everyone faces, whether worries about your health, disputes within your family or stress from a heavy workload. When your life seems to have one problem after another, it is tempting to look for something that will ease the pain, and while alcohol and drugs may seem like a simple solution, they can add yet more complications to your life. Not only can drug abuse and alcohol abuse endanger your health, but they can disrupt various aspects of your life, and once you have got into a vicious circle of drinking or drug taking to escape your troubles, this is difficult to get out of without professional help. Luckily, Steps to Recovery offers dedicated drug and alcohol rehab centers in reach of Downington PA.
Dangers of Substance Misuse
Even though you might be aware that abusing alcohol, misusing prescription painkillers and taking recreational drugs is a dangerous game, you may not appreciate the full extent of the health problems that these substances can cause. Here are just a few of the medical implications of alcohol abuse and drug abuse:
- Alcohol dependency places you at risk of alcohol poisoning, liver disease, heart disease, brain damage, various cancers, digestive upset and an inflamed pancreas, as well as low mood and anxiety.
- Smoking cannabis can irritate your lungs, worsen pre-existing lung problems and make you more susceptible to serious mental illnesses like schizophrenia.
- Popping prescription opiates like codeine and Vicodin can be just as dangerous as abusing heroin. You risk breathing and digestive difficulties, hallucinations and coma.
- If you inject heroin or another drug you also leave yourself vulnerable to blood borne diseases like HIV and hepatitis B if you share used needles.
- Cocaine use can damage your airways, make you more likely to suffer a heart attack and increase your risk of anxiety and paranoia.
- Amphetamines also pose a danger to your heart, but speed can additionally cause insomnia and make depression and anxiety a reality.
- Overdosing on crystal meth can damage your lungs, liver and kidneys, with brain damage and psychosis a possibility with long-term use of methamphetamine.
- Club drugs like ecstasy and LSD additionally place you at risk of mental health problems, particularly if you have a history of poor mental health.
The health consequence of heavy drinking and drug use aren’t the only reason to seek addiction recovery treatment Downington PA, as substance abuse can also harm your life in other ways. For instance, you risk problems at school, college and in the workplace, and you will also find that misusing these addictive substances causes tensions with family and friends. Even if you haven’t had money worries previously, an addiction to drugs or alcohol can leave you short of money and strain your finances. Some people may even end up in trouble with the law if they drive under the influence, get into fights or turn to criminal activities to fund their habit. Addressing your destructive habit now though can help prevent any further damage to your life.
Choosing Drug and Alcohol Treatment Downington PA
When you realize that your drinking and drug taking has gone too far and you want to seek help with your addiction, Steps to Recovery offers a range of substance abuse treatment programs at its alcohol and drug rehab centers in Pennsylvania. Among the addiction recovery programs we offer are:
- Supervised alcohol and drug detox Downington PA
- Alcohol rehabilitation services, either as an inpatient or outpatient
- Rehab for opiate abuse, including recovery from heroin addiction and prescription opiate misuse
- Cocaine recovery programs
- Amphetamine addiction rehabilitation
- Crystal meth rehab
- Treatment for marijuana dependency
- Therapy for addiction to antidepressants, anti-anxiety pills and sleeping tablets
If you are battling with an addiction to an alternative substance, our friendly staff will be happy to discuss the additional treatments we can offer for substance misuse.
A Unique Program for Addiction Recovery
Although there are other providers that run alcohol and drug treatment facilities in Pennsylvania, Steps to Recovery takes a unique approach to helping you escape the hold of addictive substances. Rather than providing a one size fits all treatment program, we customize addiction treatment to your needs, which maximizes your chances of a successful outcome. This means that you can join many of our former clients who were able to beat their habit after just one shot at rehab. By tailoring care to your requirements you can also be sure that we listen to your needs and are always there to support you on every step of your journey to abstinence.
Addiction Therapy Downington PA
When you enroll at Steps to Recovery talking therapies are a key component of your care, with weekly private counseling sessions and group therapy available to all clients. Family counseling is also encouraged to strengthen your support network to further your chances of beating your addiction. On top of counseling you can also benefit from complementary treatments that aim to enhance your mental well-being and offer you an additional means to cope with cravings. This comprehensive approach to drug and alcohol treatment means that all areas are addressed to put you in a better position to stay sober.
Additional Activities on Offer During Addiction Rehab
Rehabilitation also aims to prepare you for life after alcohol and drug therapy, so as part of our rehab programs we offer skills development sessions. These help you to strengthen your skills so that you are fully capable of taking good care of yourself, joining the workforce and participating in your neighborhood. Besides skills development activities, time for recreation is an important aspect of our residential addiction treatment programs, as this helps to promote good physical and mental wellness, provides an opportunity to develop good relationships with your peers and shows you that alcohol and drugs are not necessary to have a good time. Making physical activity and other recreational activities part of your life after drug and alcohol rehab Downington PA is yet another way to promote lasting abstinence.
Charities and Meetings Downington PA
- Christian Faith Fellowship: 156 Wallace Avenue, Downington, PA 19335
- Downington Area Senior Center: 983 East Lancaster Avenue: Downington, PA 19335
- Downington Community Education Foundation: 126 Wallace Avenue, Downington, PA 19335