With lower than average crime rates and unemployment rates starting to fall, the future looks bright for residents of New Kensington. However, with below average earnings, you may still find that you have problems living here. Getting financial advice can help you to manage a budget, but if you still find that you are spending more than you are earning, you may not know where to turn. While it won’t help your money worries go away, you might be tempted by drink or drugs to help you forget about them. This can worsen your financial situation though, as well as damaging your health, work prospects and your relationship with family and friends. Luckily, if you can admit that you have a problem with alcohol abuse and drug abuse, it is possible to receive addiction treatment within reach of home. Steps to Recovery provides a range of drug and alcohol programs near New Kensington PA, so you do not have to travel far to take advantage of our specialist addiction services.
Admitting an Alcohol and Drug Problem
It isn’t easy to accept that you have developed an issue with substance dependency, but if you can acknowledge you are struggling with drug abuse and alcohol abuse you can start treatment sooner and give yourself the best chance of freeing yourself from the addiction and achieving lasting recovery.
Signs that you should seek the help of an alcohol and drug addiction center include:
- You can’t give up your habit, despite wanting to.
- Withdrawal symptoms are a problem, even if you just go a short time without drink or drugs. With alcohol this may include sweating, shaking, anxiety and insomnia, but with drugs it depends on your substance of choice. For example, signs of opiate withdrawal also include muscle aches, abdominal pain and digestive upset, while with marijuana you may experience headaches, mood swings and poor appetite.
- You feel anxious if you don’t have beer, wine, spirits or a supply of your chosen drugs in the house.
- Your addictive habit has taken over, so you neglect your appearance, health, work and family.
- You still misuse substances despite adverse events such as alcohol poisoning, a heroin overdose or being involved in an accident while drink or drug driving.
Enrolling in Alcohol and Drug Treatment New Kensington PA
When you choose Steps to Recovery as your treatment provider, you have access to a wide range of therapy programs.
Just some of the drug and alcohol addiction treatment options we offer are:
- Alcohol detox New Kensington PA
- Drug withdrawal programs
- Rehab for alcoholism
- Opiate recovery programs New Kensington PA
- Recovery from cocaine addiction
- Crystal meth rehabilitation
- Amphetamine rehab
- Treatment for cannabis dependency
- Addiction recovery for ecstasy and other club drugs
If you are dependent on another substance, our friendly team can advise you of the suitable therapy programs available at our alcohol and drug addiction facilities near New Kensington PA. We can also provide you with information on the different styles of treatment available, as inpatient, outpatient and partial hospitalization are all available.
Therapy During Alcohol and Drug Rehab
Whatever substance you are addicted to and whether you choose treatment on a residential or outpatient basis, you will benefit from a tailor made program of care. This gives our clients an even better chance of staying sober, which is why so few of our patients relapse after going through rehabilitation. Customized care offers more effective results, as we can help you address those issues that triggered your drinking or drug taking and develop a plan to overcome these. One to one therapy is ideal for working on these problems with one of our specialist addiction therapists, but group counseling sessions are equally valuable during rehab. For instance, you can take forward new ideas from group therapy, as well as receiving immense support from your peers. Besides private and group counseling, family therapy is also available to you. This lets you work through issues that are standing in the way of you having a good relationship with your loved ones, which is vital if they are to encourage you and offer backing once you complete an alcohol and drug recovery program New Kensington PA.
Holistic Approach to Addiction Treatment
While some alcohol and drug treatment facilities focus purely on talking therapies, at Steps to Recovery we offer you a more varied program of activities to further enhance your chances of getting and staying sober. Firstly, we offer complementary treatments, as there is scientific evidence to back their inclusion with addiction recovery programs. These additional therapies help you to relax, lower your anxiety levels and improve your mood so that you are in a better position to engage in talking therapies and also have a better experience of rehab.
On top of complementary treatments we also deliver skills based activities as part of your drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Whether you need to build on practical skills that will help you at home, you wish to strengthen transferrable skills that will help with communication and team working, or you don’t feel confident with making job applications or interviewing, we can assist you. With these extra abilities you will feel more confident about your prospects and will find it easier to successfully integrate into your community, which is yet another way to help you stay abstinent.
We even factor in time for leisure activities on our residential addiction recovery programs. Taking part in enjoyable activities reminds you that you don’t need to drink or take drugs to have fun or lift your spirits. Attending the gym during the week also shows you that you can gain a natural high through exercise and it is a useful activity to continue after you finish your alcohol and drug rehabilitation New Kensington PA, as this helps to promote a drink and drug free lifestyle.
Charities and Support New Kensington PA
- Kinloch Meals on Wheels: 915 New York Avenue, New Kensington, PA 15068
- Valley Points Family YMCA: 800 Constitution Boulevard, New Kensington, PA 15068
- Mount Saint Peter Catholic Church: 100 Freeport Road, New Kensington, PA 15068