Although incomes are significantly above average here, if you are among the 8% of residents in Wallingford who are looking for work, you may find that money worries are a significant source of stress. Eating well, taking regular exercise and talking about your concerns can all help to ease your worries, but if you find that you are already low in mood it is sometimes easier to reach for a drink or experiment with drugs to make things seem better than they are. However, this will not resolve your problems and you may find that the nightly glass of wine, bottle of beer or shot soon becomes several alcoholic drinks each night and the occasional joint becomes a more regular event or even leads you to try other addictive substances. As alcohol abuse and drug abuse can adversely affect your health and disrupt your life, seeking help with substance dependency is vital. When you acknowledge that you have a drink or drug problem, you can access expert help from one of Steps to Recovery’s alcohol and drug treatment centers near Wallingford PA, which will allow you to escape your destructive habits for good.
Time to Seek Help with Alcohol and Drug Addiction
Even if your physical and mental well-being is suffering as a consequence of substance misuse, this might not be enough to spur you on to arrange addiction treatment. There are other clear indicators though that your drug abuse and alcohol abuse has gone too far though, as we outline below:
- You suffer noticeable withdrawal symptoms if you don’t get a fix. The way you feel physically and mentally varies from one addictive substance to another, so with marijuana you may suffer from insomnia, reduced appetite and anxiety, while with opiates you may experience trembling, sweating, muscle aches and agitation.
- Whether you misuse alcohol or prescription painkillers you need to use increasing amounts to give you the same buzz you have grown accustomed to.
- You take risks when under the influence of drink and drugs. This may mean driving when you are high on amphetamines or coke, or having unprotected sex when you are intoxicated with alcohol.
- Alcohol and drug abuse has taken over, so you may neglect other responsibilities like job seeking and your family, and you also lose interest in your friends and hobbies.
- You want to quit your habit, but you find yourself drawn to drinking and drug taking and can’t resist temptation.
Once you appreciate that you need a course of therapy to help you overcome your addictive habits, Steps to Recovery can help you access specialist treatment for drug and alcohol abuse close to Wallingford PA.
Choosing an Alcohol and Drug Therapy Program Wallingford PA
Whether you want residential or outpatient treatment, there are various styles of addiction recovery program available within easy reach of home when you enroll with Steps to Recovery. We offer the following therapy programs to help you achieve abstinence from drink and drugs:
- Inpatient addiction treatment. Whether you are dependent on alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, heroin or another intoxicating substance, you can receive daily therapy as a residential client and support is available whenever you need it. If you feel unable to resist temptation at home, the structured environment provided by an inpatient program is also beneficial.
- Outpatient rehabilitation. Not everyone needs such intensive therapy, so if you are dependent on alcohol, cannabis, prescription opiates, crystal meth or another addictive substance and you feel confident you can cope at home, receiving therapy on an outpatient basis is viable. This also makes it easier for you to keep up other commitments you may have.
- Partial hospitalization. Whatever you substance of choice, you may want the benefits of daily therapy sessions combined with the chance to return home every day. If this is what you are looking for from therapy, partial hospitalization is for you, as this is a more flexible approach to intensive addiction therapy.
If you would like to discuss the options available for alcohol and drug therapy close to Wallingford PA, our friendly team is always available to inform you about the services we offer locally and answer any queries you may have about starting addiction treatment.
Key Features of Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse
The flexibility to receive therapy at an alcohol and drug recovery center as an inpatient or outpatient isn’t the only reason to choose Steps to Recovery as your addiction treatment provider. A number of aspects of the therapy programs we offer helps to place us ahead of the competition, which is why so many of our clients successfully overcome substance dependency on their first round of treatment. Among the features that help to make our drug and alcohol treatment programs unique are:
- We offer custom-made therapy to meet each client’s individual needs. This makes sure that you receive the therapy that is going to give you the best chance of making a full recovery and staying sober for good.
- All the therapies we offer are based on the results of scientific studies. This means that the alcohol and drug addiction treatments you receive are known to help people struggling with substance dependency to kick their habits, so you are just as likely to succeed as the participants in clinical trials.
- Our clients benefit from private counseling, group therapy and counseling sessions with their family. These three styles of therapy address various needs, so when undertaken together as part of a program of addiction recovery you are in a stronger position to quit drinking and drug taking.
- Complementary therapies are available as an additional treatment. These are not a mainstream approach to treating addictions, but there is convincing evidence that these enhance mental wellness and quality of life when you receive rehab for substance dependency.
- We provide you the chance to work on any skill gaps you may have. If a lack of transferrable skills or uncertainty about applying for jobs and interviewing is standing in your way of successful employment, we will make sure that you leave an alcohol and drug treatment center near Wallingford PA with these skills in place to help you secure work. Alternatively, if you struggle with areas such as budgeting and cooking, we can equally ensure you are well prepared to cope at home once you complete rehab.
- Our staff are committed to your recovery. We are here to offer you all the encouragement and support that you need on your journey to abstinence. Whenever you need to talk, we are here to listen and empathize with you, and our personal experience of rehab means we understand the difficulties you face.