Living in Barrington your income is significantly lower than the state average, with the average household earning $48,966, so as one of its residents you may feel the pinch on your finances. If you do run into financial difficulties, it is easy to think that your problems will pass and rather than address your money worries you may turn to substances that will help you forget your struggles. While alcohol and drugs like marijuana, ecstasy, heroin and LSD can all help you to temporarily escape your problems, they do not help in the long run and are likely to bring far more complications than you ever thought when you started using them recreationally. However, if you are able to face up to the fact that you have a problem with drug and alcohol abuse, there are detox centers near Barrington PA that can help you withdraw from your chosen substance and start rehab to let you achieve a better future for yourself and your family.
Signs You Need to Detox from Alcohol and Drugs
Although each substance affects your body in a different way, there are some common indicators that your habit has taken over and you need to take part in a supervised alcohol and drug withdrawal Barrington PA:
- You are not taking care of yourself; you may neglect your appearance, eat little and not attend to your medical needs. Poor appetite is particularly common with use of amphetamines, crystal meth and cocaine.
- You continue to abuse drink or drugs even though you know you are harming your body. For instance, you may suffer an episode of alcohol poisoning or an opiate overdose.
- You are neglecting your family, friends, college work or employment.
- Your habit has put you on the wrong side of the law, which may occur if you drive after drinking or taking drugs, you turn violent when under their influence or you steal to finance your habit.
- You have run up debts to keep up with your cravings for drink and drugs.
- You wake up with the shakes and other withdrawal symptoms after just a matter of hours without a fix.
- You tolerate alcohol and drugs better, so you need to up your intake to experience the same feelings they give you.
- Drinking and drug taking has become the sole focus of your life and you place this above all other aspects.
If you can identify with any of the points above, our welcoming team are always happy to tell you about the drug and alcohol detox programs we offer at Steps to Recovery.
Taking Part in Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal
When you decide to take advantage of detox facilities near Barrington PA, it is helpful to know what to expect during your treatment for alcohol and drug dependency. Firstly, a supervised withdrawal program is recommended, as this allows you to receive medical monitoring while you undergo detoxification, as you will experience unpleasant side-effects once you deny your body the substance it has become dependent upon. Withdrawal symptoms vary between substances and their severity and duration depends on your history of alcohol and drug abuse, but some of the most common side-effects are:
- Anxiety, depressed mood, agitation and hallucinations
- Difficulty with sleep
- Sweating and shaking
- Nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain
Seizures are also a possibility with alcohol withdrawal and in very severe cases there is a risk of death associated with detox, making it essential that you have your vital signs monitored while you come off your substance of choice, so that you can receive medical attention as necessary. There is no need to go cold turkey though, as medications are available to offer symptom relief and make sure that these unpleasant side-effects don’t stand in the way of you successfully getting clean.
Choosing a Rehab Program After Detox
Once your system is clear of alcohol and drugs, it is time to turn your attentions to rehabilitation, as this will help you to kick your habit for the long-term. At Steps to Recovery you can choose from the following styles of substance abuse rehab:
- Residential alcohol and drug treatment Barrington PA
- Outpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation Barrington PA
- Partial hospitalization for substance abuse rehab
After completing a course of addiction therapy in your chosen setting, you are then able to choose which form of aftercare you want to take part in, which again is available on both a residential and outpatient basis.
Specialist Addiction Therapy Barrington PA
Whichever style of treatment you choose for your substance dependency, you will benefit from an individualized program of treatment. As part of your addiction care program you will participate in talking therapies delivered on a one to one and group basis, with family counseling sessions also available. During private therapy sessions you have the chance to discuss issues very specific to your own needs and work towards solutions with your counselor, while interactive group therapy encourages discussion and problem solving around common difficulties that many recovering addicts face. We also make family therapy available to let you work on your relationship with your loved ones, which your habit has likely strained, as restoring this ensures that you have a good support network in place when you return home after addiction treatment near Barrington PA.
Providing Holistic Addiction Care
While many drug and alcohol recovery programs simply offer you talking therapy sessions, we show our commitment to your goal of abstinence by offering you additional therapies for which there is scientific backing. For example, we provide complementary treatments, as these are known to promote better mental wellness following detox and can also make it easier for you to handle cravings for drugs and alcohol. However, we go even further, giving you the chance to work on developing skills that will benefit you in everyday life and in the workplace. This means you can brush up on everything from your cooking skills to enhancing your chances of securing a job. With this extra preparation we set you up for success, as you are more likely to remain sober when other aspects of your life are going well, which is one of the reasons why relapse rates are low following our alcohol and drug rehab programs Barrington PA.
If you would like to discover more about our detox and rehabilitation facilities, we look forward to providing you with further details.