Willow Grove in Montgomery County PA has an unemployment rate of 6.7%, which is below the Pennsylvania average of 7.8%. However, even with good employment prospects here, this is no protection against substance abuse, as a range of factors increase your risk of becoming a victim. For instance, if you have a history of poor mental health, including anxiety and depression, this can make you more susceptible to addiction, as can family members with alcohol abuse and drug abuse problems. Alternatively, if you do not feel connected to your neighborhood, which may arise from working long hours and having little time for community involvement, this is another risk factor for substance misuse. While an addiction to alcohol and drugs is difficult to admit, effective rehab near Willow Grove PA is available thanks to the help of Steps to Recovery, which runs treatment centers within easy reach.
Admitting an Alcohol and Drug Problem
Although you might be oblivious to the impact of your drug abuse and alcohol abuse, it is usually difficult for those close to you to miss. Not only does heavy drinking and drug misuse lead to physical and emotional symptoms, but your behaviors also change. You are more likely to withdraw, spending less time with family and friends, and you are likely to give up on the activities you used to enjoy. They may also notice that you are taking risks, such as drink or drug driving, which is otherwise out of character for you. Additionally, problems at work and neglecting your responsibilities at home can become obvious to your loved ones. It is not surprising that this is a concern for them, so they may try to make you aware of the destruction caused by your habit. Like many people in the grip of an addiction to drink or drugs, you may brush aside their concerns, but do not be surprised if they organize an intervention. This is an opportunity for all those who care about you to meet with you and make you realize that your substance misuse is out of control. Interventions are facilitated by addiction professionals and increase the likelihood that you will seek addiction help near Willow Grove PA.
Finding Alcohol and Drug Help Willow Grove PA
No matter which substance you are addicted to, treatment programs are available locally to help you overcome your addiction and get sober. You can therefore find treatment for the following in reach of your home:
- Supervised alcohol and drug withdrawal
- Alcohol recovery programs
- Heroin addiction rehab
- Rehab for cocaine dependency
- Treatment for crystal meth addiction
- Amphetamine abuse rehabilitation
- Hallucinogen addiction treatment, including LSD
- Prescription drug abuse programs, including opioid painkillers, tranquilizers and sedatives
With treatment for all addictive substances catered for, you will next have to decide which format you wish your treatment to take. You may decide that you would prefer a residential stay, which lets you access 24/7 supervision and intensive therapy for alcohol and drug addiction. This is particularly suitable if you think there are too many temptations in your home environment. However, if you feel that you do not require quite this level of support, partial hospitalization is an alternative option, as you benefit from comprehensive treatment, but you return to your own home each night. The most flexible treatment for addiction is receiving counseling as an outpatient. This is the easiest way to continue with your life as normal and while you may prefer that others don’t know you are seeking help with substance abuse, you can benefit from the support of family and friends while you receive treatment.
Effective Alcohol and Drug Treatment
When choosing Steps to Recovery for your addiction treatment Willow Grove PA, you can be confident that the program of care on offer meets recommendations for successful recovery. Clients are more likely to successfully detox and then stay sober with the right support and therapies available to them. At StR we offer you the best chance of achieving a life free from drugs and alcohol by:
- Tailoring your treatment plan to your own circumstances. This makes sure we meet all of your needs, including those that have contributed to your destructive behaviors. This plan of care is reassessed frequently to make sure that it is still relevant to your requirements, which can change as you move through our treatment program.
- Offering a diverse range of therapies. As well as one to one therapy sessions, you take part in group counseling and family therapy, as this combined approach ensures that you get the most out of treatment. Each form of therapy can help you address particular issues, but they are most effective when completed in conjunction with the others, as no counseling can deal with all aspects at once. You might therefore receive CBT during one to one counseling, discuss in a group how you could cope with a certain trigger and work through a specific issue with your family.
- Providing evidence-based care. All of the therapies on offer are backed by research to make sure that they are not only effective, but will not cause you any harm while you complete addiction recovery. This allows us to offer complementary treatments like acupuncture that are not routinely provided by alcohol and drug rehab facilities, as there is good evidence that they play a positive role in recovery from substance misuse.
- Making a range of activities available to address wider issues. Whether you need to work on interpersonal skills, those relevant to the workplace or those that will help you in your daily life, the skills-based activities on offer at StR make sure you are ready for life after drug and alcohol rehab Willow Grove PA.
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle. When you adopt other healthy behaviors you are less likely to relapse into drinking or drug taking, so by offering active pursuits as part of our addiction recovery program you are in a better position to resist cravings. These activities also provide you the chance to work on your physical fitness, which often suffers during an addiction, so you leave alcohol and drug rehabilitation in all-round better shape.
Charities and Groups Willow Grove PA
- All Saints Pentecostal Holiness Church: 1612 Franklin Avenue, Willow Grove, PA 19090-4607
- New Directions Support Group: 204 Cowbell Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090
- Willow Grove Community Development: 210 Cedar Avenue, Willow Grove, PA 19090