When you live in Bellavista it is a concern that crime rates are double the national average and if you have been a victim of crime this can have a significant impact on your well-being. With low mood and anxiety common among victims, it is not surprising that you looked for activities to lift your spirits and ease your worries. However, if this meant that you started drinking heavily or using recreational drugs as a form of escape, these destructive habits may only have added to your problems, as they can worsen existing mental health issues and bring other difficulties to your life. Freeing yourself from reliance on alcohol and drugs is therefore essential and with the professional help available at specialist addiction programs near Bellavista PA, it is possible to turn your life around and look to a brighter future.
Consequences of Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Besides the physical toll that substance misuse takes on your body, you will also suffer mentally from heavy use. For instance, while a single glass of wine, bottle of beer or shot helps you to relax and feel more positive, drinking more than this can leave you feeling depressed and on edge, leading to a vicious circle where you drink to try to enhance your well-being and then drink more to pick yourself up again. Similarly, drugs such as marijuana, crystal meth, ecstasy, amphetamines and LSD can all trigger mental health problems or exacerbate pre-existing conditions.
As well as the harm that alcohol abuse and drug taking causes to your health, substance dependency can destroy your life in other ways too. Just some of the destruction it can cause includes:
- Breaking up family relationships and friendships
- Reduced success at school, college and work, and you may drop out as a result
- Losing interest in everything you previously enjoyed till drinking or drug taking becomes your only interest
- Putting yourself in risky situations that could harm you physically or emotionally
- Getting a criminal record if you drink or drug drive or behave violently when drunk or high
If you can identify with any of the above and feel that your habit has spiraled out of control, Steps to Recovery can help you access one of its alcohol and drug treatment programs close to Bellavista PA.
Choosing an Addiction Program Bellavista PA
We recognize that our clients have varying needs, which is why we offer a range of alcohol and drug addiction services. This allows you to select the style of care that will best suit your circumstances, which enhances your chances of successfully quitting your habit.
When you enroll with Steps to Recovery for help with substance dependency, you can choose from the following treatment options:
- Supervised detox Bellavista PA. This helps you to safely withdraw from alcohol and drugs. With symptom relief available this also makes the withdrawal process easier for you to tolerate, so you are more likely to complete the course of detox.
- Residential drug and alcohol rehab Bellavista PA. If you need intensive therapy and you don’t have the support and structure available at home that would make outpatient treatment feasible, you can choose inpatient rehabilitation. This offers you the best chance of staying sober, but if a residential stay isn’t possible for you, you can take advantage of our two other styles of addiction rehab.
- Outpatient alcohol and drug recovery Bellavista PA. You will receive therapy several days each week and if you have a family or other commitments, this style of treatment is compatible with your needs.
- Partial Hospitalization Bellavista PA. This offers daily therapy sessions, which can be just as intense as inpatient treatment, but if you want to continue living at home it gives you the best of both worlds.
Talking Therapies for Addiction Recovery
Whichever style of program you choose to take part in, talking therapies are central to the treatment you will receive. These therapy sessions are designed to help you work through issues relevant to your habit, either on a one to one basis with a counselor, as part of a group or with your loved ones. Each type of counseling has its own format and uses different talking therapies tailored to the setting, and you gain most from completing all three styles of treatment. Through personalized counseling you address problems individual to your circumstances, while more general issues are discussed in a group setting, which also allows you to benefit from peer support. Meanwhile, the value of family therapy is that it enables you to reconnect with those close to you so that they are there to encourage and support you after you finish alcohol and drug rehab Bellavista PA.
Looking at the Bigger Picture
The activities we offer our clients extend beyond counseling sessions, as other areas also benefit addicts on their recovery journey. For instance, complementary therapies are valuable, as they offer a mental boost and can also help you to resist cravings more easily. We also value time for leisure and active pursuits, making this a component of our residential addiction treatment. This is because recreation shows you how enjoyable life is without drink and drugs, it is a time to bond with your fellow clients and can also help you to adopt a healthy lifestyle that fits in well with abstinence.
Skills development is another area that we encourage, so we provide opportunities for clients to work on those skills that may hold them back after leaving drug and alcohol treatment Bellavista PA. For example, you will naturally improve your communication and team working abilities through therapy sessions, but we also organize additional activities to help you address other gaps in your skills, which can range from practical tasks around the home to preparing for job interviews. When armed with these additional skills you are less likely to relapse, as you can successfully slot into life at home and in your community.
Charities and Support in Bellavista PA
- American Friends Service Committee: 1501 Cheery Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Crime Commission Tip Line: 1218 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107-4825
- Local Initiatives Support Corp Philadelphia: 718 Arch Street, Suite 500 South, Philadelphia, PA 19106