When you recognize that your drug or drinking habit has taken over, you have various treatment options open to you. There are various options for drug and alcohol addiction treatment near Oreland. Drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs don’t mean that you are isolated from those close to you, as the proximity of Oreland to the rehab facilities offered by Steps to Recovery makes it easy for your family to take part in therapy sessions with you.
Choosing Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Near Oreland
There are many signs that drinking and drug taking have gotten out of control, and these extend beyond the impact substance dependency has on your physical and mental wellness. Some of the indications that you need specialist help to quit your habit include the following:
- You are neglecting important commitments such as your education, employment or family
- You are taking dangerous risks, such as driving or sharing needles, when under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Your behavior is getting you into trouble with the law
- You are using alcohol and drugs more and more to achieve the same high, even when you know your health is suffering and that this risks an overdose
- You can’t give up your habit despite wanting to and when you try to you experience uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms
- Drugs and alcohol are now your sole focus, causing you to neglect yourself and give up on relationships with those close to you
Therapy During Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Near Oreland
You can take advantage of the daily therapy offered at Steps to Recovery near Oreland. While other alcohol and drug abuse recovery programs also offer addiction therapy services for clients, there are a number of features that set our addiction therapy apart from that offered elsewhere:
- Our staffing levels allow a more favorable ratio of clients to therapists, giving you more one to one time and assurance that if you need to discuss problems or concerns a member of staff is always available
- You will take part in a unique program of therapy that is tailored to your needs, as this enhances your chances of becoming sober
- You will benefit from private, group and family therapy during your treatment with us, helping to meet all of your needs
- We embrace the concept of holistic care, so also give you the opportunity to take part in complementary therapies that are proven effective during addiction treatment
Charities & Meetings for Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Near Oreland, PA
- Springfield Community Foundation
PO Box 237
Oreland PA 19075
- Citizens Partnership of Springfield Township
PO Box 44
Oreland PA 19075
- Help a Child Inc
1513 Lucon RD
Oreland PA 19075
Residential Skills Development
Besides benefiting from customized therapy during your time at Steps to Recovery, we also place an emphasis on building on your existing skills. This is because with a strong skills set you are more likely to succeed on your onward journey and achieve lasting abstinence, as you are better able to cope and integrate into society. For instance, you will have the chance to develop your skills in communication and working as part of a team through our therapy sessions, which can help you with your personal relationships and when you enter the workplace. We can also help you with other areas such as managing your time and goal setting. However, beyond transferrable skills we can also help you with those relating to very specific areas. One example is if you are inexperienced in applying for work, we can help you to create a resume, give you tips for completing applications and advice on attending job interviews. As a client there are also many practical skills you can work on during your drug and alcohol addiction treatment near Oreland. For example, if you have limited skills in the kitchen, you can learn how to prepare a range of basic meals so that you can eat well when you return to independent living.
Building Strong Relationships
When you receive more intensive therapy with your peers, during your drug and alcohol addiction treatment near Oreland, you get to know each other better and the support you give each other helps you to quickly form bonds. The additional group activities that we provide, such as team-working exercises and recreational activities, gives you further opportunities to strengthen your relationship with your fellow clients. When you have good relationships you can achieve so much more and your journey to recovery from drinking and drugs becomes easier.
It isn’t just the new relationships that you form that are important, as it is also vital that you work on your existing connections that may have become strained owing to your old habits. Strengthening your family relationships through therapy makes sure that you have the support you need once you finish drug and alcohol addiction treatment near Oreland, which will keep you on track and help you abstain from drugs and alcohol.
Timetabled Leisure Activities
In addition to the formal therapy and skills based activities you take part in each week, we also make sure that your recovery program includes leisure time. As well as a time for you to relax, taking part in active pursuits is a great way to enhance your well-being, both physically and mentally.
If you would like to discover more about our options for drug and alcohol addiction treatment addiction near Oreland, call 267.719.8528 to speak to one of our helpful team members who will happily give you further details.